SCREAMING at the TV! Featured On Ezine ArticlesBlog Award - Brilliante Weblog

Sunday, September 28, 2008

AZ Prop. 102 Why?

Arizona is about to vote on a Proposition, Prop 102, that will change the language of the Arizona State Constitution to read:

Article XXX. Marriage

1. Marriage
Section 1. ONLY THE UNION OF ONE MAN AND ONE WOMAN SHALL BE VALID OR RECOGNIZED AS A MARRIAGE IN THIS STATE.


Ready to SCREAM... here we go....

My question is why?
What's the purpose?
What could we possible solve by voting for this?

Are we going to make families more secure? No, in fact we will continue to deny basic benefits to some families that don't fit the "traditional" Up-tight Old White Stereotype. So, that's not good.

Are we going to enhance the families quality of life... umm same answer.

Then what? What are we going to accomplish?... oh, well a kid can call one parent mommy and one daddy, and there's a grandpa and a grandma and... (a very similar statement was actually published in the "arguments for" section of the voters information guide) oh for Christ sake I can't take this.

Is the convservative right so incredibly insecure in their own skin that they feel like they have to mandate, through a constitutional amendment, what marriage is for the rest of us?

PLEASE - Don't do me any favors ok. I can figure it our for myself and so can my kids and their kids.

Look what ever your beliefs are, and frankly I don't care, you need to stop trying to mandate what Marriage is and isn't, you're wasting my damned money. Every time one of you hair brained ________  _____  ______(readers game - you get to fill in the blanks) gets some wacked out right wing religious hair in your uptight ____, you decide you want to govern my relationship or bedroom or both, you cost me and everyone else money, STOP IT!

We have a much larger problem right now with the Federal government trying to steal our money to pay for their screw-up. I don't need you and your One-Man-One-Woman BS trying to nickel and dime me to death.

The people of Arizona have already told you NO once, now be good children of the Anti-Christ and go to your rooms and leave the adults alone to talk for a while.

Vote NO on Arizona Proposition 102. We already know the meaning of marriage.

Paid for by me damn-it so your lucky I showed some restraint on this one!

One-Man-One-Woman, legislation, Prop 102, Arizona, Arizona State Constitution


Stumble Upon Toolbar

0 comments: