SCREAMING at the TV! Featured On Ezine ArticlesBlog Award - Brilliante Weblog

Tuesday, November 4, 2008

iReport - Arizona Voter Turnout

Whiteline... the newest iReporter? I doubt that it's the newest but I'm having fun with it anyway ;)



places opened at 6:00 a.m. today. My son had hockey practice at 5:00 so the obvious thing to do was stop and vote on the way home. We left the Hockey Rink shortly after the polls opened and arrived at our location within 30 minutes of it opening. The was already 70 deep and with kids to get ready for school,lunches to prepare, and buses to catch, voting would need to wait.

By 7:55 a.m. all the kids were well on their way and it was back to my polling place. The line had reduced to 5 deep and the volunteers were doing an outstanding job. My wait was 10 minutes at the longest.

Not all polling places in the state are operating this smoothly I just happened to catch the right time in between people needing to be at work and the next wave of voters.

Local TV reports show lines at several polling places and are reporting waits of 2 hours or more. This may have been what I would have experienced had I stayed at 6:30.

My vote was cast in this most historic election at 8:15 a.m. officially ending my season of "SCREAMING at the TV! - get the vote out", but this Grumpy old man will continue his rants on Results for Arizona's key Propositions and the.

You have been given a voice, use it today. Go out and VOTE! for something you care about.

Technorati Tags: , , , , , ,


Stumble Upon Toolbar

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

You've done a great job here Troy. I've enjoyed reading and look forward to following whatever you take on next.