SCREAMING at the TV! Featured On Ezine ArticlesBlog Award - Brilliante Weblog

Monday, November 3, 2008

Circuit City Closes Operations In Phoenix Market

Circuit City to close the . After hearing this was a possibility on the news last night, adding Circuit City to a growing list of stores leaving Arizona, I had to see what I could find. After looking at the Circuit City website I found it's true. All stores in the Phoenix Market will be closed. Our economy continues to suffer.

Circuit City is closing stores in 55 markets with the retailer eliminating 17% of its workforce.

The good news, if you can consider another store closure good, is the sale starts Wednesday the 5th of November.


Store#CityStore#City
441AVONDALE3330CHANDLER
3580GILBERT3760GOODYEAR
436MESA3337SUPERSTITION SPRINGS
3362ARROWHEAD435PHOENIX
3341NORTH SCOTTSDALE3426CAMELBACK
3558HAPPY VALLEY4314QUEEN CREEK
437SCOTTSDALE

You can read more here from Circuit City:

Read the full listing of store closures - PDF format
Read the news release from Circuit City

You have been given a voice, use it. Go out and SCREAM! about something you care about.

Technorati Tags: , , , , , , ,


Stumble Upon Toolbar

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am sorry to hear that you have business leaving the city. However, I have no sympathy for Circuit City. They fired all of their long term employees only to re-hire folks at cheaper wages. So, I guess this policy was a failure as well.

Woody said...

I appreciate the lack of sympathy for Circuit City, to me it only matters because of the economic downturn and the compounding job losses we've been seeing in the city. Just a sign of the times I guess.