SCREAMING at the TV! Featured On Ezine ArticlesBlog Award - Brilliante Weblog

Monday, September 1, 2008

Wynded - Republicans and Democrats

I began blogging as a way of getting ideas out of my head and into a realm where I could nurture and grow them. At first playing with different ideas, tossing this and that against the wall to see what stuck only to find that I really needed to find something that I cared about to really get my voice onto the virtual paper. I began writing about a motorcycle trip that my wife and I took back in 1999 and have/will continue to write about our trips as I continue to grow as a blogger. I also have found that I wanted to stay true to those who began reading my blog on any kind of a regular basis and didn't want to clutter it up with all of the non-travel/non-motorcycle related stories, ideas, and rants. I first came to this dilemma (include other items or keep Ride White Lines pure of the side commentary) when Sen. John McCain, Rep. AZ, rolled in to the Sturgis Motorcycle Rally. I knew that I had to comment, but I went back and forth trying to decide if it belonged. Finally, because it happened at Sturgis I went ahead. Now with both the DNC - Democratic National Convention and the RNC - Republican National Convention just about over and the election season in full swing it is time to break out a blog dedicated to those rants, opinions and tid-bits of info discovered along the way.

Enjoy the journey and regardless of your choice for president make sure that your voice is heard - get out and vote. It is your right and your duty to our country and to those who proudly serve it.

If you don't vote... remember... you can't bitch about it later!


Stumble Upon Toolbar

0 comments: