SCREAMING at the TV! Featured On Ezine ArticlesBlog Award - Brilliante Weblog

Sunday, September 14, 2008

Project Aware September 20th 2008

Project-Aware
If you've looked at my profile you'll know that I have a wide variety of interest/hobbies. I am fortunate enough to be able to follow my interests and at least dabble in them as the urge hits me. One that I wish I could dabble in more and ultimately would like to expand into a profession is Scuba Diving.

Scuba ties directly into some of my other interests, marine life, exploration and conservation of our natural resources. My certifications hopefully reflect my belief in these areas. I am certified in several areas - some that people tried to talk me out of because "they were basic" no thrills certifications. I believe that we all should be active in maintaining and understanding our planet, groups like Project Aware and other conservation awareness programs that PADI and other dive organizations promote offer us an avenue to support our planet.

Splash-for-Trash

On September 20th Project Aware is doing a Clean Up. This is not romantic but it's necessary. This is an event where divers and non-divers alike join to clean the beaches, banks and shores as well as the environment below the surface of the water. An opportunity to remove some of the debris that people discard and that pollutes the habitats of marine animals. You don't need to be a diver to do this, it doesn't even need to be organized for us (the people of this planet) to do this, but if you want to have a reason to get outside and enjoy the company of others check with your local Scuba Dive and come out and join us on September 20th.

You can find more information on The September "Splash for Trash" day here

scuba, marine life, Project Aware, Splash for Trash


Stumble Upon Toolbar

0 comments: